Daily Inspiration

It's never too late to become who you might have been.
HomeFacebookTwitterTumblr
(My Tumblr has officially taken place of this blog)

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Human.

I'm guilty.
The tears fall as I tell myself that the battle should have already been won.
I remember each silhouette, but it's already too late-
Everything is always easier said than done.

I'm guilty.
I give advice that I struggle to take myself.
I watch you walk away as I sit back and endure the pain-
You read me like an open book off of a shelf, it drives me insane!

I'm guilty.
I move and I can never sit still
Shall I leave or shall I stay?
How do I really feel?

I'm guilty.
I'm guilty.
I'm guilty.

I'm in love with the things that I can not possess.
Yet my desire to break free forever waits,
When will I confess?

I'm guilty.
My body is free but my heart is in jail.
To release: reverse the process that locked it up-
There's got to be a Heaven somewhere, can you save me from this Hell?

I'm guilty.
I'm guilty.
I'm guilty.

I constantly stare at the doors that are already closed.
The laughter, the chemistry, and the love-
The things that made us are now decomposed.

I'm guilty.
It takes me forever to let go.
Do I do a great job at shielding it,
Or does it always show?

I'm guilty.
All the fragments of me are parts of you,
But each day I grow farther apart with everything I do.

I'm guilty.
I'm guilty.
I'm guilty.

For once I've began to move along.
The feelings are hard to differentiate-
Is this my heart's true song?

I'm guilty.
I've started to realize every possibility.
Live, love, laugh...
It's great to be free!

I'm guilty.
The opportunities I encounter help me to forget.
The memories don't matter so much,
Wait, have we even met?

I'm guilty.
The world once scared me, but I've finally won.
Ahhh the scent of freedom-
I'm getting quite used to being done!

I'm guilty.
I'm guilty.
I'm guilty.

The things I once thought I couldn't do, I now know that I can.
Everything is a part of growing-
I'm guilty of being human.

2 comments:

  1. ...The things I once thought I couldn't do, I now know that I can.
    Everything is a part of growing-
    I'm guilty of being human...

    ...I'm a fan of positive poem endings...growth is definitely a key in life...good stuff.

    ReplyDelete