Daily Inspiration

It's never too late to become who you might have been.
HomeFacebookTwitterTumblr
(My Tumblr has officially taken place of this blog)

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pieces


Current mood: bitter sweet.

Eight years.
That's how long it's been since this grueling journey began.

I was always so carefree then-


Those days would soon be no more.

I still remember my parents forcing me to give up everything: my friends, my family, my life.
I even remember the tears that fell onto every departing letter I wrote.

I was only eleven when my world drastically changed.

As I struggled to adjust to life in Georgia- away from anything I had ever known,
Everyone realized that I was slowly changing.

The morning brought on a heavenly breeze, while the night birthed a hell of fire.
Soon, the feelings intertwined.

Everyone knew-it was no secret.
Yet everyone sat there and ignored my suffering in hopes of their liberation.
Never be in denial about something so serious.
Damn the doctors that diagnosed me.

You know what's hard?
To be in a world full of a million others who don't understand.

It's hard for people to look at someone and think they have everything in the world when they actually have no idea what lies beneath.
If only you could walk in my shoes and realize the people I've lost, the dreams I've had crushed, and the things I long for.
If only I could walk in my own shoes and realize what I do have.

I've always been accustomed to moving around, but this is the first time I'm afraid of what I'm leaving behind.
Amazing people☮amazing feelings☮amazing discoveries.
However, I'm learning to live and let the blessings stick with me✞

Eight years ago I was forced to leave everything I had ever known.
Tomorrow, I'm going back to Texas to pick up the pieces of myself that I had left behind.
-☮❤✞☼ⓣⓘⓐⓡⓨ☼✞❤☮-

2 comments:

  1. theres nothing better than finding the strength...to pick your own pieces up...and put them back where they belong. =]

    ReplyDelete